Categories

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Review: Skin & Lab Red Serum

Hi gorgeous,

As I have mentioned earlier, my skin was dull from almost everyday sleep deprivation, exhaustion and no vacation lol!


So I really need something to save me from this dullness, and I thought serum could be the answer since it absorbs faster than cream, yet higher in concentrate. After doing some research (and yes, female daily has always has big role for me to make a decision when it comes to beauty products), I guessed Skin & Lab Red Serum is the answer since I love the ingredients which are rich in antioxidants and seems like a complete care in one bottle.

I also saw good reviews from beauty bloggers about this product, and here is the Official Description:

What it is
A luxurious blend of Fruit, Berry, and Almond extracts in Skin&lab's Red Serum recharges and hydrates your skin to bring back it's youthful suppleness and glow. Nourishing and natural phyto ingredients rich in antioxidants help to wake-up your tired, dull skin, and protects it from free radicals, dehydration, and signs of aging.

Beneficial ingredients
Sodium Hyaluronate, Betaine, Witch Hazel, Blueberry Extract

Full Ingredients
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluroate, Betaine, Witch Hazel Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Blueberry Extract, Raspberry Extract, Niacinamide, Wild Yam Root Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sweet Almond extract, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Jasmine Oil, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate

Size: 40ml

Suggested use
Just 2-3 drops of this rich serum is all you need after cleansing and toning. Gently massage into skin, then pat and press into skin for even better absorption.

Source: Memebox

Very much tempting, isn't it? Now let's head to Skin & Lab Red Serum review:

Packaging: The box came in white color with red fonts, and like its name, the bottle is made of glass in solid red color, completed with dropper applicator. I don't really fancy the packaging since I prefer either a simple monochrome, vintage or luxury kind of packaging to be shown at my vanity desk.
Safety seal
There is English description on the bottle, which is so helpful so I can toss the box right away : )
Scent: strong floral scent (from Jasmine Oil - and I hate Jasmine).

Texture: watery with thick consistency, almost as thick as oil, but absorbed pretty fast.
First impression, when I tried Red Serum on my hand, the floral scent was really strong it bothered me, it also didn't absorb as fast as I expected. But when I applied it on my face, apparently the scent didn't bother that much and quickly faded. It also fastly absorbed, unlike on my hand, it left my skin a bit sticky but only for the first few minutes.

Performance of Skin & Lab Red Serum: from the first try, I could feel my face instantly softer, more supple, hydrated and looked glowing right after application, how amazing. It didn't cause purging or breakouts. I apply Red Serum after Klairs Toner and I don't use moisturizer afterwards because my skin is kinda oily, so this serum alone is enough. I used 2-3 drops for my face + 1 drop for my neck. The next morning, I feel my face is hydrated than usual, but as for oil control, my skin is still oily, even a bit oilier than before I use this Red Serum.
After 5 days of using Red Serum AM & PM, I still couldn't see any other improvement besides a more smooth, supple and moisturized skin, and now I've been using it for a month I am pleased that my skin texture has gotten better, no more redness, and plumper. But however, my dark spots (from acne scars) haven't got any better though and my skin is not as oily as the first use, but didn't get better than before using Red Serum either (it does nothing for oil control in my case). Well.. anyway the most important thing is my face wasn't as dull as before, the serum made me look like I am well-rested, probably it's because my skin is plumper, so I am pretty satisfied with the result :)
Sorry for different lighting and front cam phone
Because 3-4 drops are already enough for my whole face and neck, after 1 month the product still has 2/3 of bottle left, so most likely 1 bottle can last up to 3 months.

Verdict: this Serum is really good to moisturize, make skin looks more supple and glowing (in the terms of hydrated). It doesn't irritate my skin. It's good if you're looking for more alive skin, not for brightening or removing dark spots like they claimed (or maybe it takes longer time?). It is worth to buy and lasts quite a long time.

Pro(s):
+ fast absorption
+ doesn't cause irritation, purging, or breakouts
+ makes my skin moisturized, hydrated, supple, lively, glowing and less red
+ affordable
+ a little (3-4 drops) goes a long way, so 40ml could lasts 3 months

Con(s):
- no physical store in Indonesia (but still, it's quite easy to find this product on line)
- strong Jasmine scent upon application
- I haven't see improvement on my dark spots

Price: IDR 289.700

Where to buy: I purchased it at @annyeongsarang, but you can also buy it from Hello Sora (Use code: HELLOCTO for IDR 50.000 discount) or wishtrend (Use code: 1212550608 for $5 off on your purchase) 

Repurchase? Most probably yes!!

Thanks for reading my post!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment