Categories

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Review: Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate

Hello again, gorgeous,

Last month, I was invited to the launching of Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate. I was excited because Clinique is one of my fave skin care brand. At the event, well-known dermatologist from Siloam hospitals, Dr. Edwin Sp.KK informed that oily skin also possibly caused by skin dehydration. Antiseptic soap, warm water, stress and late sleep hour are the reason of sensitive and dehydrated skin. Unfortunately, all of them are my best friends :')
How to re-hydrate the dehydrated skin? By drinking enough water, working out regularly and using the right moisturizer for your skin type. The 3rd step is where the new launched Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate takes role, it's claimed to boost hydration to our skin up to 179% and keep it moisturized for 24 hours, it's suitable for all skin types, absorbed to the skin super fast, leaves no greasy feeling, it even can be applied on top of full make up skin (so you can literally apply it whenever you feel like it), plus fragrance and alcohol-free formula. What's not to love?

Official Description:
Supercharged water-gel hydrator instantly quenches dehydrated skin—and is so intensely hydrating, it boosts skin's moisture reservoir for a full 24 hours. Liquid-Sphere™ Technology combines water-binding ingredients with encapsulated antioxidants to help break the cycle of dryness and environmental stress that can lead to premature aging.
Source: Clinique

Ingredients can be seen here:
Packaging: Clinique typical, dominated with pastel green with clean and simple design kind of box. The bottle is made of sturdy transparent plastic and pump dispenser (my fave kind)! very light which make it very much travel friendly (I did traveled to my hubby's hometown with it last week), and at the same time pretty to be shown at my vanity desk lol.
Scent: I can't smell anything whatsoever coming from the product, which I am very pleasant of :)

Texture: it's a light transparent-coral pink gel, with bubbles which I thought were trapped airs at the first sight, but apparently they are easily absorbed-antioxidants capsules. The gel absorbs really fast and feels comfortable as heaven, so light, non tacky and greasy, not much waiting time for my next step.
Performance: From what I learnt at the launching event, Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate is meant to be used as serum (CMIIW), but I also read on their IG posts that it can be used as moisturizer, so maybe it depends on our needs and skin type. I personally use the hydrator concentrate as serum, followed by my vit C cream (sometimes I used it alone without cream on day time tho).

On the first day using Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate, my skin loved it already, my skin felt refreshed right after application, a lil of the gel goes a long way, 2 pumps are enough for my entire face and neck. Even I got oily - acne prone skin, I experience no breakouts with it, it calmed my breakouts (from the fell asleep with sunscreen on) instead, and no greasiness even after long hours. It made it waaaayy easier to apply make up, since my face is hydrated, moist yet not oily.

After two weeks, I found my skin looks glowy, even I've been sleeping around 4 hours/day these past weeks and start sleeping at 3-4 am, it's like impossible but it's truly happened! It's more plumpy, less breakouts, feels soft, smooth, less oily and looks healthy, soo amazing!

Here's the comparison (don't mind my hair tho):
Pro(s):
+ Quickly absorbed
+ Lightweight formula
+ Suitable for every skin type, eventhough the acne prone and sensitive ones
+ Travel friendly, yet pretty packaging
+ no-fragrance & alcohol
+ Refreshing, non greasy & tacky
+ Does a great job on hydrating & moisturizing
+ Can be used as serum or moisturizer
+ Can be worn on top of make up
+ A little of product goes a long way
+ Long PAO: 24 months
+ Easy to find

Con(s):
- None I can think of atm

Verdict: I say, I really love Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate, I haven't worn my serum after using this concentrate and my skin has never been this balanced. I recommend you who got oily, acne prone skin like mine or dry or sensitive to try and you'll love this.. It might look a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way, I guess mine will last 3 months at least.

Repurchase: yes, it's a skin saver. 

Price: IDR 720.000

Where to buy:
Clinique counter at:
SOGO Plaza Senayan, Pluit, PIM, Kota Kasablanka, Kelapa Gading, Alam Sutera
Metro Plaza Senayan, Pacific Place, PIM, Taman Anggrek
Seibu GI
Matahari Dept Store TA
Thanks for reading my post!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment