Categories

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Review: Crème Simon - Crème Universelle

Hiya gorgeous,

Today I'll be talking about my 3rd multi-tasking beauty product which was awarded as the Winner of "All-Time Favourite Do-It-All Moisturiser" ELLE Beauty IT List 2017 (SG), "Best Foot Treatment" CLEO Body Awards 2016 & "Best All Over Skin Healer" ELLE Beauty IT List 2016 (SG) -that I got last year, but just got a chance to tried it last year: Crème Simon - Crème Universelle
Creme Simon Creme Universelle Review

Creme Simon Review
Official Description:
"Adapted from the original formulation Joseph Simon first created in 1860, this well-loved iconic remedy heals, soothes and restores long-lasting moisturisation to dry and sensitive skin areas."

Multi-awarded and celebrated in the French Pharmacopeia (the time-honoured reference for French pharmacists) for over a century, Crème Universelle helps:
• Plump up visible fine lines around the eyes.
• Soften and relieve chapped lips instantly.
• Soothe redness and common skin irritations.
• Heal acute dryness and sunburnt skin.
• Help relieve eczema, itch and insect bites.
• Regenerate dry elbows and cracked heels.
• Moisturize dry cuticles.

0% Paraben, Silicone, Oil, Alcohol, Colourings, Phenoxyethanol.
Suitable for adults, children and babies.
Non-comedogenic.

How To Use
To Diminish Fine Lines
Several makeup artistes swear by Crème Universelle’s ability to diminish fine lines prior to photo shoot. Apply pea-sized Crème Universelle on under-eye area for 2-3 minutes to plump up skin and fine lines. Wipe off excess with a cotton pad soaked with Dermo-Hydrating Toner Mist and wipe off in one direction. Apply makeup, if preferred after.

Soften & Hydrate Lips Instantly
Apply a thin layer on dry, chapped lips.

As Inflight Moisturiser
Suitable for use as a deep moisturising face cream prior to flight.

Soothe & Heal Skin After Sun Exposure
Recommended to soothe skin after sun exposure, and accelerate healing of sunburnt skin

Soothe Red Irritated Skin and to Relieve Other Skin Problems (e.g. Eczema)
Apply on hands, body and feet to moisturise, nourish and soothe dry, irritated, flaky and/or sensitive skin.

Help Repair Dry Cuticles
Apply on dry cuticles.

INGREDIENTS
Aqua (water), glycerin, propanediol, squalane, pentylene glycol, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, triticum vulgare (wheat) starch, zinc oxide, corn starch modified, hydrolyzed wheat flour, citric acid, ethyl lauroyl arginate hcl, parfum (fragrance)*, tocopheryl acetate, aloe barbadensis leaf juice powder, disodium edta, sodium hyaluronate, iris pallida leaf cell extract, jasminum sambac (jasmine) leaf cell extract, rosa damascena leaf cell extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, linalool, benzyl salicylate, coumarin, limonene, geraniol, cinnamyl alcohol.
* fragrance from natural ingredients

Source: Creme Simon

It's even suitable for babies! Can you believe that X) I can bring only one tube for my eye cream, lip balm, hand cream and for my dear daughter at the same time. how convenience! 

Checking its ingredients, it has 3 Comedogenic Ingredients: Wheat Starch, Shea Butter, & Soybean Oil, and 3 mildly comedogenic ingredients (which is not likely to clogged pores or cause pimples unless your skin breaks out very easily / severe acne skin prone): Corn Starch Modified, Squalane, Zinc Oxide.

It also contains Linalool and Limonene at the bottom of the list, not much but still can irritate sensitive skin or cause allergic reactions.

So I definitely won't use it as moisturizer for my whole face.

Packaging: The packaging is perfect, the product is wrapped in a slim, hygienic white and champagne tube with screw lid and comes in a box with a very beautiful -vintage and classic illustration.
Creme Simon Universelle Review
The ingredients & descriptions are described on the box, while the tube also has the short descriptions in both French and English. The expiration date is described on the tube so you can toss the box right away. The beautiful packaging makes it perfect for me to put it on my vanity desk, and the slim 30ml tube makes it perfect to be slipped into my bag, absolutely travel friendly.
Creme Universelle Review
Creme Simon Universelle Indonesia
I got it from a giveaway so when it came to my house it's packed beautifully in a big pink box along with a catalog of their products and a super lovely, personal-hand written letter. Idk if they also enclose this lovely letter to every customer but I hope they do.

Scent: The Creme Universelle from Creme Simon has a lovely floral scent which is pretty strong and linger for quite a while. I personally enjoy the scent, but however, I'm not fond of fragrance in skin care, whether it's natural or synthetic when it comes to my face :) So another reason to skip it to use it on my face.

Texture: There are 2 versions of Crème Simon - Crème Universelle, one designed for hot/humid climate and the other one for cold/dry climate. I got it when I was still in Indonesia last year, so obviously I got the first one which has super light and non greasy texture. The cream absorbs pretty fast.

Performance:
Let's compare the claims vs the results on me

Diminish Fine Lines
Tried with the lines on my under eye area as directions, well it sliiiiightly reduced the visibility of my fine lines, but it's a temporary effect.
Creme Simon Universelle for Under Eye Performance
Soften & Hydrate Lips Instantly
It's not too visible on the cam, but my lips before was so dry I could really saw and felt the difference. It could be a great lip base for matte lipstick since it left no greasy film whatsoever. But it doesn't keep my lips hydrated for a long time (honestly only lipbams with petroleum jelly could do so).
Creme Simon Universelle as Lip Balm
As Inflight Moisturiser
Haven't and wouldn.t try it because I got acne prone skin

Heal acute dryness and sunburnt skin.
I don't get sunburn so can't say, but it worked sooo good when my hands were severely dry and flaky due to the cold weather, so yes! even if it's designed for hot/humid weather it still work as great in the cold/dry weather.
Creme Simon Creme Universelle Before After
Creme Simon Creme Universelle Honest Review
Help relieve eczema, itch and insect bites.
I also don't have eczema so I can't compare, but for insect bites, I tried yesterday, it relieved the itchiness for a few hours until it started to itch again, but it did nothing to the swollenness

Regenerate dry elbows and cracked heels.
My heels are dry but thank God they have never cracked, the universelle creme helped to give instant moisture boost whenever they dry out

Moisturize dry cuticles.
Absolutely!

Pro(s):
+ Instantly Moisturizing & Hydrating
+ Helps to increase the visibility of fine lines
+ Feels light, refreshing and spreads easily
+ Hygienic, handy and super pretty packaging
+ Can be used for any troubled / dry part of the skin
+ Safe for babies

Con(s):
- Pricey

Verdict: It's so handy to bring for traveling, savior when I'm in a need of super calming and hydrating cream for some super dry areas.. but surely can't be used as daily face moisturizer since some of the ingredients are comedogenic for acne prone skin like me. 

Repurchase: Since it's pricey and I won't use it for my face, I don't think so.

Price: USD 54 / IDR 711.000

Where to buy: Crème Simon or Sephora Indonesia 

Thanks for reading my post!

ps. I got the product from winning their giveaway, but the review was made honestly based on my own experience and opinion

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment